Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mañana, mañana

One more week down. That makes almost three, and I could not be more ready to begin working. It may sound crazy, but I can only hang out and do nothing in a beautiful place for so long. It'd be different if I was on vacation and taking tours and seeing the sights of the country....but I'm not. I live here now. It is real life, and real life with no job to keep me busy? Ha! I've never heard of such a thing. Not my reality. Not now, probably not ever. Pura vida, eh?


Side note: Pura vida is a common saying here in Costa Rica, the literal translation being the obvious (pure life, aka: the good life). But people use it as a quick greeting/goodbye, a way to say things are going well, or as a way of saying thank you.  And probably several others ways. 


Pura vida, indeed.


Tomorrow I begin teaching, and I'm both excited and a little nervous. I ended up getting this job offer pretty last minute (which is also a thing Costa Ricans are known for..."Tico Time"). It's different than the one I mentioned previously (I start that one next week). This one is at the school where I certified to teach in February. Here it is (second floor, left side of the building.):


A couple of rooms are rented out at this building and that's the school. It's called Lingo TEFL Language Institute.


I knew a teacher was leaving (Laurie), so I had my hopes I would fill her spot. Well, there was absolutely NO sign of them offering it to me. In fact, the director even referred me to a job opening she knew of as a reservation person at a hotel resort, trying to be helpful. I appreciated it greatly, but was bummed I wasn't getting offered a teaching job. Well, the day Laurie left, I was asked if I was still interested. And I was. 


Three places. I will be teaching three different places, all of which are great opportunities, with room to grow. I'm feeling very grateful that everything is continuing to work out.  And this is the view from my balcony this very moment...




Not too shabby.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment